In order to improve the quality of educational and scientific work, learning and apply the experience of foreign countries, in particular European countries, in the educational process, Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent carries out many actions.
The international project “MechaUZ: Modernization of the faculty “Mechatronics and Robotics” for Bachelor degree in Uzbekistan through Innovative Ideas and Digital Technology” is also an activity carried out by the university in accordance with the grant agreement 609564-EPP-1-2019-1-EL-EPPKA2-SBHE-JP of the European Union program Erasmus +.
The project for preparing a high qualified personnel in the bachelor’s degree faculty “Mechatronics and Robotics” of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of modern requirements and proposals, a modernized training program, equipped with modern material and technical equipment and educational laboratories, is planned for 2020-2022.
On February 10-14 of this year in the city of Thessaloniki (Greece) at the international faculty of the University of Sheffield the first meeting of the partners of the Kick-off Meeting project was organized. The participants in this event were representatives of 6 universities in Uzbekistan, 6 universities in Europe and the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education.
The partner universities under the project are:
- International University of Hellenic, Greece
- Southeast Europe Research Center, Greece
- Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- Liepaja University, Latvia
- Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences, Latvia
- Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo, Portugal
- Andijan Engineering Institute, Uzbekistan
- Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Ferghana Polytechnic Institute, Uzbekistan
- Tashkent University of Information Technology, Uzbekistan
- Karshi Engineering and Economics Institute, Uzbekistan
- Tashkent State Technical University, Uzbekistan
- Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education, Uzbekistan
As a result of the meeting, it was discussed issues on the preparation of the project and the analysis of academic programs of education in developed countries on the Mechatronics and Robotics direction, on the development of a new undergraduate program, on the creation of new courses and the organization of trainings for teachers, employees and engineers of Uzbekistan, as well as it was discussed and decided new tasks of the project and the time of the next meetings to implement them.