Associate Professor (Machine design)
Date and place of birth: 16.05.1982, Hazarasp, Khorezm, Uzbekistan
Academic degree: PhD
Academic rank: No
Phone: +998 71 2467082
PhD in Mechatronics, 2010-2013, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (Phd thesis: Modeling and Validation of Rolling Rotor Switched Reluctance Motors for Automotive Applications)
Master in Automotive Engineering, 2002-2004, Maintenance and Tests of Internal Combustion Engines, Tashkent Automobile and Roads Construction Institute, Uzbekistan
Bachelor in Automotive Engineering, 1998-2002, Maintenance of Land Transport Vehicles, Tashkent Automobile and Roads Construction Institute, Uzbekistan.
04/10/2017 – present, Assistant professor in Machine design, Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
15/04/2017 – 26/02/2018, Visiting researcher, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
16/04/2013 – 15/04/2017, Postdoc researcher, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
02/09/2004 – 10/10/2009, Teaching assistant in Vehicle construction and Vehicle dynamics, Tashkent Automobile and Roads Construction Institute, Uzbekistan
02/09/2004 – 10/10/2009, Researcher, Tashkent Automobile and Roads Construction Institute, Uzbekistan
Honours, Awards, Fellowships, Membership of Professional Societies
2006-2010 – Various Tempus scholarships
2012-2013 – Research fellowship “Progetto Lagrange”, CRT Foundation, Italy
Research interests and past projects
Automotive mechatronics, vehicle fuel consumption and emission reduction, Hybrid electric vehicles, Electric vehicles, smart actuations systems, Intelligent transportation systems
– SMARTEN, Design and testing of the Active tensioner for BISG (Dayco Europe SRL, Italy), https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2013190524A1 – Modelling and simulation of BISG Micro hybrids (CRF, FCA, Italy)
– Biomethair (CRF, FCA, Italy) http://www.biomethair.it – Low cost height adjustment system (CRF, Magneti Marelli, FCA, Italy) Patent pending
– Trade off analysis of the regenerative shock absorbers (Magneti Marelli, Italy)
– Development of front end accessory drive simulator and validation on the test bench
List of publications
- Ruzimov S., “Computer Literacy” // “FAN” Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, Tashkent Uzbekistan, 2006, 372 pages – ISBN 978-9943-09-024-8 (Book in Uzbek)
- Andersson Kj., Eshkabilov S., Ruzimov S., Sodikov J., Mukhammadaliev R., Selgren U.,”CAD/CAE/CAM fundamentals with software package UGS I-DEAS NX Series” // “FAN” Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, Tashkent Uzbekistan, 2006, 332 pages – ISBN 978-9943-09-023-1 (Book in Uzbek)
- Amati N, Tonoli A, Castellazzi L, Ruzimov S. Design of electromechanical height adjustable suspension. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. 2017, Dec 22:0954407017728633.
- M. Di Napoli; M. Straehle; S. Ruzimov; L.D. Suarez Cabrera; N. Amati; A. Tonoli (2016) Intelligent Belt Drive Systems in Hybrid Powertrains: a Multipurpose Test Rig. In: 7th IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems & 15th Mechatronics Forum International Conference, Loughborough University, 5-8 September 2016.
- M. Di Napoli; M. Straehle; S. Ruzimov; L.D. Suarez Cabrera; N. Amati; A. Tonoli (2016) Characterization of Belt Drive Systems in Hybrid Powertrains. In: AIAS – Associazione Italiana per L’analisi Delle Sollecitazioni, 45° Convegno Nazionale, Universita’ Degli Studi Di Trieste, 7-10 Settembre 2016.
- Tonoli A., Amati N., Impinna F., Detoni J.G., Ruzimov S., Gasparin E., Abdivakhidov K. (2013) Influence of dry friction on the irreversibility of cycloidal speed reducer. In: 5th World Tribology Congress, Turin, Italy, 9-13 September 2013.
- Mukhitdinov A.A., Ruzimov S.K., and Eshkabilov S.L., “Optimal Control Strategies for CVT of the HEV during a regenerative process” Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, 2006. ICEHV ’06. IEEE Conference, Dec. 2006, Pune, India
- Mukhitdinov A.A., Ruzimov S.K. “Efficiency assessment of using regenerative braking in vehicles”, Journal of Transportation: Science, Technology and Control, Vol. 2, Moscow , 2005 (in Russian)