TURIN POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY IN TASHKENT
NOVEMBER 9, 2020
TTPU is pioneering 2+2 program with Pittsburg State University
November 9, 2020
By Khasan Khankeldiyev, TTPU’s International Relations Department
In his opening speech, Dr. Jamshid Inoyatkhodjayev, Rector of TTPU, speaks to participants of new opportunities of 2+2 program with Pittsburgh State University at the university blue hall on November 2, 2020.
Last Monday the live video conference with the Admission Committee of Pittsburg State University was held at TTPU’s blue hall where participants learned of new possibilities within the 2+2 program in the Automotive Technology in the Kansas Technology Center based on PSU’s campus.
According to PSU spokesman, the Department of Automotive Technology at PSU is recognized by industry and considered as one of the best academic programs in the nation.
The 2+2 program is developed between Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent (TTPU) and Pittsburg State University on the basis of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in April of 2018.
Dr. Jamshid Inoyatkhodjayev, Rector of TTPU, says that a cohort of TTPU students will be selected to attend Pittsburg State University, Kansas, to continue their undergraduate studies in the field of computer engineering, automative engineering, construction management. Moreover, at PSU our students may even have far more choices in their field of study and practical training as the one of the advantages of the 2+2 program.
Nevertheless, in light of the current situation in the world, Dr. Inoyatkhodjayev says, “Our students are very excited with the 2+2 program, but we are concerned with travel difficulties and uncertainties due to Covid-19 pandemic. I agree with the fact that the world has not recovered from the pandemic crisis, but we are hopeful and planning to send our kids to Pittsburg State University the next fall semester.”
WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT PITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY?
- The Automotive Technology program is over 100 years old, beginning before 1915.
- PSU’s Automotive Technology is nationally recognized as one of the top three programs offering a Bachelor’s degree in automotive technology and the only Caterpillar Think Bigger Program in the world.
- PSU students find employment very easily and it is said that a 95-98% job placement every semester.
- Classes are purposefully kept small for more “hands-on”
- It has over 70 donated automobiles from a variety of corporate manufacturers and well over 1 million dollars of diesel/heavy equipment donations.
- Over 32,000 square feet of lab space with seven separate labs.
- PSU’s Automative Technology program uses the latest tools and technology currently being used in the workplace.
- Students do not need to bring or purchase their own tools.
Students can go on to earn a Masters degree with an emphasis in Automotive Technology.