Are you passionate about science and technology? Do you want do develop new technological knowledge and skills while working in an inspiring academic environment? Doing a Ph.D. may be the right choice for you!
Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent (TTPU) is offering fully funded PhD position by Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering major for three years at TTPU (in Uzbekistan) and “Politecnico di Turino” in Italy (one of the top European universities for interdisciplinary research in the fields of Engineering).
Accepted candidates are expected to study one year at “Politecnico di Turino” in Italy and two years at TTPU (in Uzbekistan). All study fees and research expenses will be provided by TTPU. Unlike other universities in Uzbekistan, for PhD students at TTPU, an increased scholarship is provided for the successful completion of their scientific work.
We encourage applications from candidates with a Master’s degree in mechanical or physics engineering with high marks and with a background and interest in engineering. Candidates must prove a strong attitude towards experimental research and the drive and capacity to tackle different aspects of a complex problem with large independence.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES
- You should hold a Master’s degree in engineering, engineering science, engineering technology, physics or equivalent major;
- You should have excellent grades (especially on the theoretical subjects), very good skills in oral and written communication, and well developed analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You should meet English language requirement by achieving the required score on an internationally recognized English test (Minimum: Academic IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL ibt 55);
- You are motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn;
- You are a team player, yet also able to work independently, accurately and methodically;
- You are willing to contribute to the research activities of Mechanical Engineering research group and pursue a doctoral degree in engineering technology;
- You are willing to present research findings at national and international conferences and in international journals;
- You will develop the necessary software programs, conduct experiments and report both internally and externally;
- You will work together with colleague-researchers and offer support in research projects that are related to your expertise;
- You are willing to contribute up to maximum 100 hours per academic year in teaching activities within the Bachelor and Master of the Engineering Technology programs at TTPU (in Uzbekistan) and “Politecnico di Turino” in Italy.
You can apply for the Ph.D. position through TTPU’s admission system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV with your relevant professional experience and knowledge (including at least two references);
- Motivation letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (maximum 2 pages long);
- Recommendation letter
- Copies of diplomas and grades from previous university studies and certificates of fulfilled language requirements (see above). Document should be translated into English, Uzbek or Russian if the original document is not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
For more information, please contact Prof. [Responsible Person], Tel.: [Phone number], Email: [Email address]
You can apply for Ph.D. position no later than [deadline] via the following link: [Application webpage link]
TTPU seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality, or impairments.